I can’t tell you enough how great this spontaneously created pizza is. Katie and I collaborated to make this masterpiece. Made with whole wheat crust and using lots of veggies with limited amounts of cheese, this is a healthier pizza option.
- Whole wheat pizza crust dough (we used Trader Joe’s)
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 bag of spinach (6 oz.)
- Artichoke hearts (4-6)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 T. fat free ricotta cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Press out pizza dough to edges of greased pizza pan.
- In a sauce pan, combine 3 cloves of garlic, 1/2 onion, and olive oil.
- Saute until soft.
- Spread over pizza crust.
- Sparsely disperse ricotta cheese throughout pizza.
- In same sauce pan, add just enough olive oil to thinly coat bottom and add in remaining garlic. Add in spinach 1/4 bag at a time until the entire bag is cooked down.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Lay slices of tomato so that they cover pizza in a single layer.
- Add a light covering of mozzarella cheese.
- Seperate meat of artichoke from leaves. Scatter leaves over top of pizza
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool, cut, and share!